DON*T TIMESTRETCH MY AUDIO FOR GODS SAKE

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
jcbfoos

Re: DON*T TIMESTRETCH MY AUDIO FOR GODS SAKE

Post by jcbfoos »

Hi Everyone,

I just ran into this issue with audio coming from Digital Performer 9.5.1. Also I tried blackfen1x's fix and it does work but only because it splits the stereo file into 2 mono files. Effectively creating new audio files from Cubase. Plus your stereo is now split which sucks. Would be great if the Cubase guys could take a look at this.
Mac OSX 10.14.x - Cubase 10.0.x - MOTU 1248 - Insane PC running VEP - lots of plugs and libraries...

40W

Post by 40W »

Just run into this problem and it's a pain. Wish it notified when applying ANY sort of processing.

Not quite sure this post offered a solution to address the issue in batch PRE import. Seems like the only way is to fix it is after import or make sure a particular metadata isn't embedded in the file.

In my case I noticed an incorrect samplerate that mismatched that of my project. Cubase then rather than ask me to convert the rate just applies audio warp. I now enabled the setting to convert automatically on import. Hopefully that should address my particular issue. I also made sure that 'Align to Project' was disabled in the Mediabay as it's an easy one to miss and then scratch your head after when something sounds off.

I'm Cubase 7 btw. Maybe this was addressed in future versions/updates with a simple pop up on import.
System: Windows 10 64bit [16GB Ram] i7

vladpov

Post by vladpov »

It's driving me crazy!
On import some files are imported in musical mode! I cannot see a pattern. Just regular wav files.
Sometimes I notice the fact late in my session and have to edit the project again, as affected events are stretched.
Went through prefs, don't see it there.

jvelez1

Post by jvelez1 »

Wow, the OP is from 2011 and this still hasn't been fixed?????? It is driving me crazy as well. Even with the musical mode unchecked it still does it!!!! Tried it in both Studio One and DP and imported without a hitch. I can only imagine the embarrassment, wasted productivity, missed deadlines, etc., that this issue has caused to others with no solution from Steinberg. I only wish Presonus would add a timeline scrub for picture and expression maps so I can abandon Cubase forever. Unbelievable. Businesses are built and sustained one customer at a time, and they are destroyed also one customer at a time. Your business to lose.

Slydog51

Post by Slydog51 »

I just experienced this problem in 10.5 when importing audio (.wav) to sync up with video. Very frustrating. And there doesn't seem to be an easy fix.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”