Panning mono tracks

I have mono recording of guitar and piano. I want to pan the guitar to the left and the piano to the right (or the other way around :wink: ). How do I achieve this (in Cubase 6)?

I tried already some options (route mono into a stereo bus, the monoToStereo and Stereo Enhancer), but still no satisfying result.

Helpā€¦

You route the mono signals to a stereo bus, an use the panner. If you donĀ“t get a ā€œsatisfying resultā€ (whatever that means ?) YouĀ“re probably doing something wromg.

Are you saying you have a mono recording of guitar & a separate mono recording of piano?

If yes itā€™s as simple as putting each on a mono track & panning them left & right.

If you have a single mono recording of both guitar & piano then you canā€™t pan them differently.

Indeed, I was sure it did not work and because of your answer (and the other) I looked again and saw that my final output bus was mono :blush:
Thanx

I found another solution: Just create a stereo track and place the mono track thereā€¦

you need to open up the mixer where you see all the faders, find your fader and look for single letters such as M (mute) S (solo) and you should see a c ā€¦ drag the c left or right, hope this helps