Feature Request: Track renaming key command

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
timelapse

Re: Feature Request: Track renaming key command

Post by timelapse »

Can I just add a + 1 to the rename a track key command. It's amazing that something so often used is missed out?

Cube100

Post by Cube100 »

+1
Cubase 9 Pro
Software: macOS Sierra 10.13.1
Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
Processor: 2 x 3.06 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

MichaelUA

Post by MichaelUA »

Please, really need this hotkey "rename track". Most funny thing that this command was existing in far previous CubaseVST 5/32 version and it was "Alt+N"

dbwalter

Post by dbwalter »

+1 from me too
CB 10.5 on Mac OS X 10.14.6
Trashcan 3GHz 8-Core
64GB RAM

Champagne Brute

Post by Champagne Brute »

Bump. I want to program Lemur to add a track with 1 button press. You can do it in Eucon as it supports keystrokes but I'm stumped with Lemur. If there were a renaming key command it would be a step...and if anyone has instructions how to do this in Project Logical Editor I'd certainly appreciate it!
Cubase 9| Win 7 64 | Lemur | Avid MC Control | QC controller | etc, etc, etc.

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

In Cubase 9 the Key Command has been added.

The track needs to be highlighted. Then use the key command, and the background behind the track names turns blue, type in the new name, and press tab to go to the next track.

Or, you can double click instead of using the key command.

The key command is in Edit>rename first selected track
There is also a new KC for Edit>edit info line to do the same with the info line.
The latest Cubase version, Wavelab 10, Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, 64 gig all SSD drives (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti, 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, UAD-2, SoundToys, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

dbwalter

Post by dbwalter »

Worth the install just for these (almost!)
CB 10.5 on Mac OS X 10.14.6
Trashcan 3GHz 8-Core
64GB RAM

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

dbwalter wrote:Worth the install just for these (almost!)
If you happen to be building a large orchestral template, yes.

Something I recently learned through another forum is that the double click to highlight then tab to next track has existed at least since C7.

But I believe a KC has not existed for it until C9.

So, double click with a mouse, or use a KC...up to the user.
The latest Cubase version, Wavelab 10, Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, 64 gig all SSD drives (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti, 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, UAD-2, SoundToys, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

Champagne Brute

Post by Champagne Brute »

greggybud wrote:In Cubase 9 the Key Command has been added.

The key command is in Edit>rename first selected track
There is also a new KC for Edit>edit info line to do the same with the info line.
Thank you so much for sharing this!

I'm not sure how to integrate it into what I'm trying to accomplish though.
When you add a new track Cubase prompts you to name a track. I have a button that will add a track but I need it to then name it, press 'TAB' to change fields then press 'ENTER' to complete the command.
Cubase 9| Win 7 64 | Lemur | Avid MC Control | QC controller | etc, etc, etc.

nikhollis

Post by nikhollis »

aptmusic9 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:34 am
When a particular track is selected, there is no key command that allows you to change the name of the track. You have to double click the name of the track in order to edit the name.

Once you've double clicked, you can press tab to edit the name of the next track, which is a nice feature, but it's unfortunate that a mouse is required to get to that point.

You could add this feature to the key commands list as "Edit name of selected track"

It seems like all I ever post about is lack of key commands....Please forgive me. :lol: I really would like to see Cubase become a mouseless app though.. :D

Bump.

Hi, I am bumping this, even though it is eight years old, has anyone found a way to rename a track - or should I say assign a shortcut to - without having to double click it?

All I can find is "rename track version" and that doesn'd do it..

Thanks.
Cubase 10.5 Pro on Windows 10. Focusrite Clarett 4pre, i7-6700, Asus-Z170A, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 256GB SSD, 1TB HD, Slate Everything Bundle, Waves HORIZON Bundle + extra Waves plug-ins (Abbey Road/API/SSL/PUIG.......) Steinberg Absolute 3 collection, Komplete Ultimate 11, Neumann TLM-49, SE Electronics Z3300a mics. 3 helpful cats.

nikhollis

SOLVED!! SORRY I MISSED PAGE 2 OF REPLIES!!!!!Re: Feature Request: Track renaming key command

Post by nikhollis »

SORRY, I MISSED PAGE 2, WHERE THE SOLUTION IS.

MY MISTAKE.
Cubase 10.5 Pro on Windows 10. Focusrite Clarett 4pre, i7-6700, Asus-Z170A, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 256GB SSD, 1TB HD, Slate Everything Bundle, Waves HORIZON Bundle + extra Waves plug-ins (Abbey Road/API/SSL/PUIG.......) Steinberg Absolute 3 collection, Komplete Ultimate 11, Neumann TLM-49, SE Electronics Z3300a mics. 3 helpful cats.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”