DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe' failed.

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Scerd

Re: DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe' failed.

Post by Scerd »

I finally found a fix for this. I basically uninstalled the eLicenser from Apps and Features, then clean uninstalled the eLicenser from Program Files, Program Files (x86), Program Data, Users/Yourname/appdata, Windows/prefect, /system32, SysWOW64. Then went into the RegEdit and removed everything associated with eLicenser and Synsopos.exe., Did a system restart, re-installed the eLicenser Control Center software, LEFT THE USB OUT during the installation process, then inserted the USB, wait for Windows to download the driver, start up the program and it works! Please share this information on as this was a nightmare to deal with lol

abtechno

Post by abtechno »

I had this issue and updated my Elicenser today and boom problem solved. I had the same issue where Windows said it could not grant an exception for the file.

eLicenser Control Center 6.11.6.1249
"Think of your limitations as secret strengths."
Brian Eno Oblique Strategies

makssmagin999

Post by makssmagin999 »

XAntaresX wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:09 pm
I got the following error with my eLicenser after upgrading it to version 6.3.4.2082

Application 'LCC2' has caused the following er
ror: DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe' failed.
Error:Unspecified error

The sollution that worked for me was this:
1.Open the Control Panel
2.Select [System]
3.Select [Advanced Settings]
4.Under [Performance] select [Settings]
5.If DEP is available on your system, a DEP tab will be present in the Performance Setting dialog. Select this tab if it’s present (if it’s not present, then your system doesn’t have DEP).
6. Select [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select]:
7. Add SYNSOPOS.EXE from the folder [Programfiles/elicenser/pos] or wherever you have this file.

I have no Idea if this will help for anybody else, or what this stuff means, but it worked for me, and I am very happy at the moment because this have been preventing me doing work in Cubase for weeks :)

This was on a Windows 7 64bit system running Cubase 6
Good day. I have a question on the seventh item, it gives an error when trying to add the SYNSOPOS.exe file to the list of exceptions:
---
This program should work with Data Execution Prevention (DEP) enabled. You cannot disable DEP for this program.
---
What am I doing wrong? Help me please.

soundpeaks_net

Post by soundpeaks_net »

My windows says this program can not be executed without DEP, what do I do?

soundpeaks_net

Post by soundpeaks_net »

makssmagin999 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:17 pm
Try run Cubase as administrator

sigve

Post by sigve »

Hi :) In Windows 10, it is not possible to deactivate DEP for "Synsopos.exe". However, you can deactivate DEP (Data Execution Program). Here`s how to deactivate DEP:

1. Run command prompt as administrator.
2. Run this command: BCDEDIT /SET {CURRENT} NX ALWAYSOFF
3. Restart your computer (you have to restart).
4. Check that DEP is deactivated: Control Panel -> System settings -> Advanced system settings -> Performance settings -> Data execution prevention tab.

If you want to activate DEP, you follow the steps above but instead use the command BCDEDIT /SET {CURRENT} NX ALWAYSON.

battleangel

Post by battleangel »

Scerd wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:01 pm
I finally found a fix for this. I basically uninstalled the eLicenser from Apps and Features, then clean uninstalled the eLicenser from Program Files, Program Files (x86), Program Data, Users/Yourname/appdata, Windows/prefect, /system32, SysWOW64. Then went into the RegEdit and removed everything associated with eLicenser and Synsopos.exe., Did a system restart, re-installed the eLicenser Control Center software, LEFT THE USB OUT during the installation process, then inserted the USB, wait for Windows to download the driver, start up the program and it works! Please share this information on as this was a nightmare to deal with lol
THANK YOU! You saved me from mental meltdown :D

carnalex

Post by carnalex »

So... 8 years later and people still are getting this error... and people are sill needing to hack their way around... what is this? This is a big blunt middle finger to all the user base.

I created an account just to say this: I was getting the same error after a fresh install of the eLicenser, and I solved in with a different way... leaving this here for anyone whom the above solutions haven't worked:

In my case, the problem arose because I installed the eLicenser while having my Steinberg USB interface (UR44) active in the computer (i.e. connected). It took me a bit of tinkering to figure out this was the issue. I stopped all audio/Steinberg programs, uninstalled the licenser, make sure all audio-related apps were set to NOT start at startup. Restarted the machine. Made sure all steinberg stuff was not connected, reinstalled licenser thingy, and it worked. Something in the installation had corrupted because the interface was connected while installed.

You gotta love Windows.

Normonster

Post by Normonster »

I had this same problem after a Windows update around 8/15/2019.

I unplugged my usb, uninstalled e-licenser from add/remove programs, restarted, DL'd and reinstalled e-licenser, ran the maintenance, plugged in usb, registered all through e-licenser, closed e-licenser, launched Cubase 10 Pro to find full functionality and no error.

Man, Steinberg sucks.

haha.

mad-murdock

Post by mad-murdock »

Scerd wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:01 pm
Just for anyone else with a similar problem, the quoted text actually helped me.
In my forum post - viewtopic.php?f=286&t=167363&p=894578 - I wrote a bit more, but basically deleting everything elicenser related from registry and from hard disk fixes the issue.

\,,/,

snarvei

Post by snarvei »

Solution that worked for me (win 10 64bit):

Uninstall elicenser and restart computer. Go to program files x86, locate eLicenser folder and delete it. Use Ccleaner software, go to Registry tab and scan for issues, let it fix/delete them.

NOTE: I didnt use USB stick for this, I got my cubase download access code on paper, registered it on their site, downloaded and installed cubase, checked back on my website profile and saw "Activation status:Not yet activated" then I used https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/te ... enser.html to download eLicenser and then put the activation code(which I got on the page where I submitted the download access code) in the eLicenser software to complete license registration.

Hope this helps someone.

nordlead26

Post by nordlead26 »

This doesnt works here: It appears this:

this program must be executed with data execution protection (DEP) enabled. You cannot undo (DEP) in this program
Cubase Pro 9.5.50 x64
Windows 10 x 64bit
Intel Core i7 860
20 GB RAM
audio interface MOTU 828 MKII

danders

Post by danders »

soundpeaks_net wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:37 pm
makssmagin999 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:17 pm
Try run Cubase as administrator
This worked for me!!!!! All Cubase executables need to run as administrator!!!! Many thanks!!!!

Return to “Older Cubase versions”