Tremolo in Symphonic Orchestra

All topics on VST Sound Instrument Sets, VST Sound Loop Sets and Sequel Content Sets
diggyk

Tremolo in Symphonic Orchestra

Post by diggyk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:45 pm

When I add something like Ensemble Combi, I can open up the instrument and see that it has Tremelo as an articulation. But how do I actually use that articulation? The docs are pretty much non-existant. Is there a walk through?

MrSoundman

Re: Tremolo in Symphonic Orchestra

Post by MrSoundman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:31 pm

Use the keys (marked in orange colour) to change the mode. These are the "key switches" and they are described at the back of the manual.
Windows 10 • Cubase 9.5.50 • WaveLab 9.5.50 • SpectraLayers 6.0.10 • HALion 6.3.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.10 • Midex

diggyk

Post by diggyk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:56 pm

I don't have a full keyboard so I was hoping I could just toggle it for a particular track. Is that possible?

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:12 pm

Yes, in the key editor, click Expression Map (to the left), then Import Key Switches. Click the Velocity Controller to the bottom left and select Create Controller Lane. Now select Articulations/Dynamics and you'll be able to "draw" the tremolo. Click to expand:

Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

diggyk

Post by diggyk » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:12 am

Awesome! Thanks!!!

Knopf

Post by Knopf » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:27 pm

Hello,

This is an old thread, but kind of related with a problem importing a XML score: I wrote a short piece using Notion (from Presonus), exported it as XML and then imported in Cubase. I assigned two instruments using HSO and in the score editor I can see the articulations and dynamics, but I have tried a lot of things to make this articulations play. I try to load the expression map at the left but the only thing that I get it is that the track is played now with a trill in every note. Can it be that simply the export in XML don’t handle this articulations and dynamics or that they are not readable from Cubase. But they are visible in the score editor in Cubase. I have read the HSO manual, the section about expression maps in the Cubase manual and found and read this thread in the forum (with another thread within it), but I can’t make that this works.

viewtopic.php?t=123504

I would appreciate any help, thank you!

Return to “VST Sound Instrument Sets and Content Sets”